The Texas Heartbeat Bill.

In the span of the last 48 hours, those four little words have caused an opinion firestorm in - not just the news media - but in classrooms, on social media, the podcast world, and even in our own personal circles.

The Texas Abortion Ban has people up in arms over this

The pro-life bill that bans abortion after the detection of a fetal heartbeat at six weeks, has been likened to the Taliban, with hashtags like #TexasTaliban trending on Twitter. It's been likened to the Handmaid's Tale, the KKK, slavery and being touted as dangerously dystopian.

The Texas Abortion Ban has people up in arms over this

And sitting here, silently cheering on this monumental day from my apartment in the land of deep blue that is New York City, one of the most disheartening things I've noticed is the terribly manipulative rhetoric -- the euphemisms -- geniusly used by the left to sanitize what they're actually fighting for: ending a child's life.

"Pro-Choice," "Women's Healthcare." "Reproductive Justice." "Freedom of Choice." "Body Autonomy." "A Woman's Right to Choose." "Pregnancy Termination." "My Body, My Choice." All these terms dehumanize the child in the womb, and expertly manipulate the receiver into forgetting that we're talking about a human life. Rather, we're talking about "justice," "autonomy," "misogyny," "freedom." If you can change the way someone speaks, you can change the way they think, and thus - you can change the world. Terrifying.

The Texas Abortion Ban has people up in arms over this

And speaking of speech...

I've learned over and over in my life, that walking a mile in someone else's shoes is quite possibly the most insightful, moving, and powerful teacher that exists in this life. And, truthfully, as the young woman you know me to be, yes: I have my ardently held beliefs about abortion that are based on my faith. But thankfully, abortion has never come within a stone's throw of my life, praise God.

The Texas Abortion Ban has people up in arms over this

So tonight, I wanted to turn the floor over to a dear friend I met when I was speaking in Erie, PA at the 138 Women's Conference last year. Alyssa Bormes - gifted speaker, author and teacher - shared her incredibly powerful story, which - spoiler alert - involves two abortions. It was the most powerful speech I have ever heard. I was breathlessly captivated, listening to her share her testimony. Truly, there was not a dry eye in the house.

But there's been so much talk about how up-in-arms people are for Texan woman who can't get abortions anymore, likening them to Afghan women, or women in the 1950's. And I just wanted to offer a counter point...from a woman who actually had not one, but two abortions. And how that "privilege of choice" actually impacts a woman, post-abortion.

The Texas Abortion Ban has people up in arms over this

So, I invite you to listen to her speech - share it, pass it along. Because abortion not only kills the babies, but it leaves the mothers with an unimaginable burden that they'll silently carry for the rest of their lives. And it's time we start making that known, too.

Warning: the speech contains content about suicide. If you, or anyone you know need help, please call: 800-273-8255, or reach out at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/.

So thank you, Alyssa, for having the courage to share you story. You have inspired countless people - myself included - of the fortitude of the human spirit, and the merciful, saving love of Jesus.

The Texas Abortion Ban has people up in arms over this

And to hear my speech from that conference, click here.

"This is what the Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life." Ez 37:5

TAKE ME TO THE B³ STORE!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is care-dad-hat-1021x1024.jpg

Yay for cute hats!

***THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS ORDERED MY BOOKSBLOOM: A JOURNAL BY BEAUTYBEYONDBONES AND "MY BLOGGING TIPS"***Click to order your copy!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_2724-1024x683.jpg

MAGIC TOOTHPASTE? Yes! I am in love with this superior whitening toothpaste. It keeps my smile sparkling, without sensitivity or bleach! I made a website where you can directly order this miracle product! So if you want to give it a try, you can go ahead and grab a tube for yourself. I promise, your smile will thank you!Get a tube!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_8166.jpg

Be sure to check out my affiliate, Audible. Listening to audiobooks while I cook is literally my new favorite thing. And just for you, they're offering a Free 30-Day Trial Membership. And with this free membership, you're going to get 2 free audiobooks! Literally. Free. It is the best deal ever. And if for some reason, you decide it's not for you, you can cancel within those 30 days and it's zero money out of your pocket, plus, you get to keep the 2 audiobooks. Soooo...it's pretty much a no brainer. Plus, it's a free and easy way to support this blog! So thank you!! 


STAY CONNECTED!

@beauty.beyond.bones – Instagram

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube


This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is patreon.png

For Podcast versions of my posts, please check out Patreon! It's only $2 a month!! You make this blog possible 🙂

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is IMG_1288.jpg

And really quickly, I've had several questions concerning my Amazon link (amazon.com/shop/beautybeyondbones) -- You do not need to buy one of my specific highlighted products on my page, in order for it to "credit" my account. Any purchases that you search or make from anywhere on Amazon, after first visiting my Amazon page, will credit this blog and help support this blog ministry. I am truly so grateful and appreciative to those of you wanting to do so! So thank you! Again, it is an absolutely free, and easy way for you to help keep this blog going!