Today's Menu: Applewood Smoke Bacon and Sharp Cheddar Cheese Ground Chicken Burger w/ Baked Fries

 

 

To start this beautiful morning off I baked a small 5 Biscuit can of Pillsbury Flakey Biscuits. I also heated up 5 Johnsonville Turkey Sausage Patties. And I have my Sausage Breakfast Sandwich! I also added a 1/4 slice of Hoffman's Super Sharp Cheese. Had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. It's another perfect day out there today! A high of 79 degrees, Sunny and low humidity. So beautiful out! Got the cart out did yard work most of the day. I also helped a neighbor of ours with his yard. So good to be out here enjoying this weather! For Dinner tonight I prepared a Applewood Smoke Bacon and Sharp Cheddar Cheese Ground Chicken Burger w/ Baked Fries.

 

I had purchased a package of Smart Ground Chicken from Meijer a while back and had it in the freezer. I set the package in the fridge overnight to thaw. To make the Burger I'll need; the Ground Chicken (1 lb. package), Litehouse Poultry Herb Seasoning, McCormick's Grinders of Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, and Meijer Italian Style Bread Crumbs. For toppings I'm using Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/Olive Oil, Heinz 57 Sauce, John Morrell Applewood Smoked Bacon, and Hoffman Super Sharp Cheese. Served it on a Aunt Millie's Live Carb Smart Hamburger Bun.

 

First thing I did was fry the Bacon. I'm using John Morrell Applewood Smoked Bacon. I rarely use John Morrell but you have to use what you can find in stock right now at the stores. John Morrell Bacon is great tasting Bacon, just don't use it. So I grabbed a large skillet and sprayed it with Pam cooking Spray. Then heated it on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added the Bacon. Mom loves Bacon so I just fried the whole package. Fried up great and was delicious! I set it aside until I needed it.

 

Next I made my Chicken Burger patties. To prepare them, in a large bowl, combine Chicken, Ground Cumin, Paprika, Garlic Powder, Dried Oregano, Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, and Italian Style Bread Crumbs. The Seasonings amount are to taste and 2 tablespoons of the Italian Style Bread Crumbs. Make a little depression with your thumb in the center of each burger so they cook evenly. Divide the mixture into 4 patties.

 

In a Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add burger patties and cook, flipping once, until golden and a thermometer inserted into the center registers 165°, 8 to 10 minutes. Top with Cheddar and cook until just started melting, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer patties to a plate. Serve on the Buns and top with Mayo, Heinz 57 Sauce, and the Bacon. The Ground Chicken Burger is juicy, moist, and flavorful! I'll have to start having a lot more often!

 

To go with the Chicken Burger I prepared Ore Ida Golden Crinkle Cut French Fries. Like all the Ore Ida Products, they are easy to prepare and delicious. I just baked them for 19 minutes and done! Served them with a side of Heinz 57 Sauce. For Dessert later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Snyder's Pretzels with a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Smart Ground Chicken
Ground chicken is a healthy start for any meal since one serving (100 grams, or about 3 ounces) meets one's protein needs for a nutritious meal – plus it's lower in calories and fat than many meat sources. Lean ground chicken is high in protein and offers less saturated fat than ground beef.

 

 

 

 

 

Ore Ida Golden Crinkles®

French fries with ridges.
We're proud to say that our Golden Crinkles® are America's favorite fries!* What's not to love? These oh-so-tasty crinkle cut fries are just plain fun, especially when they're paired with a juicy hamburger or hot dog and dipped in Heinz® Ketchup

SERVING SIZE 84g
CALORIES 120
FAT 4 1/2g
SODIUM 290mg
CARBS 19g
https://www.oreida.com/Products/G/Golden-Crinkles#.Vfy2Y


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more