Mussels Diavlo - Prince Edward Island mussels, white wine, marinara, crushed red pepper, and garlic. #mussels #pei #appitizer #dinein #2ndlockdown Mussels Diavlo is a variation of Fra Diavlo sauce which is Italian for "Brother Devil", due to it's spicyness.
Papa's house salad - mixed greens, parmigiana, proved cheese, artichokes, calamata olive, tomato, (no) red onions, and tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette. #salad #dinein #2ndlockdown The salad was classic and tasty, but my OCD could not get past the spelling of the type of olive. Doing my research I discovered that this is the spelling for Cyprus, a province of turkey, and a town in Greece. Thankfully I did my research, because I was fully ready to call them out on their spelling.
Parpadella del notte (Italian for parpadella of the night) - pheasant, mushrooms, and cream sauce. #pheasant #parpadelle #special #pasta #dinein #2ndlockdown Eating a dish like this makes me wish I could put together flavors that work this well. Even the char on the pheasant contributed to the taste.
Cassata casa - sponge cake and marzipan. Frank Pappa's Ristorante #frankpappas #24hourfoodgeek #cake #housebox #sicilian #dessert This cake was the perfect sweet compliment to a great meal.

This post is ad-supported