April 2021

Packing in a Carry On: Yosemite National Park

Or any National Park really! While I predicted that 2020 would be the year of National Parks, I think 2021 is going to be no different. I looked for a park that had a good shoulder season for good weather and (hopefully) lower crowds and the park that best fit the bill was Yosemite National Park.

These types of trips are the easiest to pack for - there is no worry about packing for a variety of occasions. If you have access to laundry it can be even more straightforward.

Full Packing List

The bag: EBags TLS Mother Lode Weekender Convertible

Packing cubes size small, medium and large

Small Packing Cube: Toiletry Bag

Quart Bag for 3 Ounce Liquids

  • Tooth paste
  • Travel size body lotion
  • Travel size conditioner
  • Travel size face wash
  • Face moisturizer in repurposed container
  • Steroids/Aquaphor (for my terribly dry skin)
  • Insect repellent (going with a lotion is easier than a spray!)
  • Not shown: Hand sanitizer (2 oz and packed an additional 8 oz bottle in a separate bag)

Medium Packing Cube: Small Clothing Items

Large Packing Cube: Clothes

Front Compartment

Side pocket: Rain cover for backpack

Zipper Pockets

Back Compartment

  • Chromebook
  • Folder with travel documents and itinerary

Sling Bag

Canvas Bag – Personal Item

What I wore on plane

I also threw in ... Quarry Quarrel!

We were able to play this compact game on the flight and our early evenings (let's be honest, every night is an early evening for me... especially with the time zone difference!).This was such a fun addition to our travel bag that is definitely a keeper.

And I still got it! Everything packed snug and ready to go. Thank goodness domestic flights do not have a weight limit - this one was definitely on the heavier side but I still have some wiggle room.

Check out all my packing tips and tricks here!

To read all the details of our trip- coming soon!

To see our full itinerary - coming soon!