Hello Everyone, I hope your Sunday has been well so far.

Today I'd like to briefly talk about comfort zones and why we should seek out new experiences at any opportunity we get.

The last couple of years have been quite stressful for us all and in some respect, life was put in hold because of the pandemic and all of the restrictions, so we couldn't fully experience new things. I'm trying to explain that being out of your comfort zone is good, although awkward and uncomfortable in the beginning, your mind is learning new tasks and skills which is actually very beneficial for the brain.

For a while I hadn't had any major new experiences, I worked at my previous job for almost 3 years which is actually quite a long time and I was very comfortable in what I was doing and used to that environment. Changing to a new job was a bit of a shock to my system and although it's in a similar field, many things are different and I felt like I was learning all over again. As I write this, I actually think a part of me/my brain didn't like the change and I had a mild sense of regret for leaving my old job and having to start again. It sounds a bit dramatic but that was my thought process, I'd been working somewhere where I was super comfortable and not really out of my comfort zones. I almost felt 'uncomfortable' in the new environment I wasn't used to and had to work on myself to be confident in myself and my abilities that I was in the right place and truly belonged there. Now that I'm more used to the people, environment and roles, I feel more settled and I'm getting used to it.

Comfort zone definition

Looking back on my last job, although I did enjoy many aspects of it, there was no real room for me to progress within that role as it was a very small team and my mind was becoming quite stagnant doing the same things every single day, with little change. Starting my new job has given me new confidence in myself and made me realise and remember how important change is for our mind.

Thanks for reading ♥

Follow my Instagram page!


This post is ad-supported