The title of this week's Thursday Doors isn't referring to a door trim but the town of Trim in County Meath. In Irish the name is Baile Atha Troim, meaning town at the ford of elderflowers. It is situated on the Boyne river and the elderberries growing along the riverbank were the juiciest I've ever tasted. Having featured our lovely accommodation on my last post I thought I would bring you on a wee tour of the town centre to give you a sense of its historic nature. I would be very tempted to book a few nights in the Bounty Bar (first image) judging from what I can see on the outside alone. Those shutters and the stonework go so well together. The flowers are the icing on the cake, for me.

We didn't have enough time to give the Judge & Jury a trial but maybe on my next visit to the town I'll investigate it and give my you my verdict. Sorry, I just couldn't resist those puns. If you can come up with any more I'd love to hear them.

Hanging baskets and boxes featured everywhere in the town and they really brightened up the buildings.

Even a tiny shed peeking through some shrubbery had a couple of nice planters complimenting it. Some doors were only two dimensional, as you'll see from the following images.

I thought the three women in the above photo had followed me back to my accommodation when I opened my bedroom door and saw these strange looking characters.

I hope you've enjoyed this week's post from Trim and if you carry on over to Dan's blog you'll find lots of links to interesting Thursday Doors from around the world.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more