I've been in a space for the past month and some change where I needed to not rely on faith alone, but incorporate scripture into my daily prayer routine. Every day in August, in addition to my regular morning prayer time, I prayed for healing.

I knew before I started this scripture prayer time that God is a healer. I also felt that I had already been healed, but I couldn't receive confirmation of such for several weeks, and I needed healing for my mind and spirit as well as my body, so I needed to pray in scripture. I haven't done this often; it's not part of my regular prayer routine, but when I need something extra, I reach into scripture for support.

These are the scriptures I've been relying on during this time:

O Lord, my God, I cried out to You, and You healed me.

Psalm 30:2

Therefore all those who devour you shall be devoured; And all your adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; Those who plunder you shall become plunder, And all who prey upon you I will make prey. For I will restore health to you, And heal you of your wounds says the Lord...

Jeremiah 30:16-17a

He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds.

Psalm 147:3

Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise.

Jeremiah 17:14

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagles.

Psalm 103:2-5

These verses have been support, comfort, and faith-renewing the last several weeks, and I thank God for His word, even though I don't dig into it as well or as often as I should.

What have you been praying for lately? How have you incorporated scripture into your prayer time? I want to encourage you, as I also encourage myself, to utilize scripture more. Sometimes, when we don't know what words to use in prayer, we can pull from scripture and recite the prayers that already exist. God knows our hearts and our circumstances; all we need to do is cry out to Him.

Be blessed,

-CH