Indonesian Scallop Satay Appetizer
Indonesian Scallop Satay Appetizer

This Indonesian Scallop Satay Appetizer is inspired by my Indonesian colleagues on Holland America, who would every Thursday, would cook Indonesian food by the swimming pool, outside the spa that I managed. Satay was a regular and I just love the flavor of it. I also love scallops, so thought I would try putting them together with satay, and the result was heavenly!! So I thought I would share this with you!!!!

More appetizer recipes
More seafood recipes
Follow my Facebook page for more recipes and updates

WINE NOTE

The wines that work well with satay, also happen to be my favorite ones, Riesling and Assyrtiko! I want to talk about Assyrtiko a little, as the flavor is like smashing through an elderflower bush on a summers day! Fresh and fruity, it pairs with the slight spice of the satay very well. however, this wine is not always widely sold, but turns up unexpectedly, such as Aldi have been selling a nice one recently!
Riesling of course, is usually very easy to find, and with it's slight honeyed flavor is a popular choice with Asian food.

Indonesian Scallop Satay Appetizer

1 Lime juice only (at a stretch use a tbsp from a bottle of lime juice)
1 tsp Honey
1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
1 Tbsp Curry powder- medium spiciness
3 Tbsp Peanut butter
7 fluid oz / 200ml Coconut milk (I use the light one)
12 Scallops
1 Lime sliced to serve

To make the satay, whisk the lime juice, honey, soy sauce, curry powder, peanut butter and coconut milk together in a bowl until combined.
Take 1 tbsp and pour over the scallops, then place in the refrigerator to marinate for an hour.

Place the rest of the satay sauce in a pan over low-medium heat and simmer until thickened.

Pan fry the scallops over medium heat, placing around the edge of the skillet like a clock, cook for a little under a minute, then turn in the same order that you placed them in, and again, cook for just under a minute.
Serve with the sauce.

CHEERS!! ENJOY!!!!!


This post is ad-supported