Figs, feta cheese with balsamic glaze

Ten years ago my parents gave me a fig tree to plant in the back yard. It nearly died one year and bounced back, and grew to a 10 feet tree. I guess it needed time, getting used to the garden, and making friendships with the surrounding trees such as the dogwood, and the parade of squirrels, and birds, and the families of cardinals flying over, and landing on its branches.

Every year or so my fig tree, decides to offer me a few figs, and my goodness they are big, beautiful, and not too sweet. I get busy making salads, fig and peanut butter sandwiches, appetizers, and cook a few to top ice cream and pancakes. A few days ago I picked a few for a quick salad. Feta cheese and glazed balsamic. It was beautiful and delicious. Thank you my beautiful fig treeπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🍳😘

Even rain didn't stop me from picking these beauties πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🌾

Just to mention a few benefits of figs, beside being delicious : high in fiber, and antioxidants, high calcium helps with strong bones, keeping a healthy blood pressure and weight control. One interesting fact, fig trees have natural latex which some people might be allergic to.

Watch me pick these beautiful figs just click on πŸ‘‡

https://youtu.be/BSpMWxnaN6Q and please subscribe, Thank you for watching😘


This post is ad-supported